permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Remineralization is gaining new ground 🌿

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Remineralization is gaining new ground 🌿
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:56:00 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Remineralize The Earth <jcampe@remineralize.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:00 AM
Subject: Remineralization is gaining new ground 🌿

Rich Dirt, clear objectives, what's next...

<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=426cca9ffc&e=f1204bc2d1>

As we watch global events unfold in a changing climate, it may be
reassuring to know that it's not all bad news. Great efforts towards
ecological balance are unfolding in parallel, though they don't always make
the headlines.

*Remineralization is advancing to contribute to *
*stabilizing the climate on a vast scale. *

James Hansen is advocating for rocks for crops, and the Leverhulme Centre
for Climate Change Mitigation
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=96f0b46950&e=f1204bc2d1>
(LC3M) is testing remineralization for industrial agriculture. RTE’s Joanna
Campe and Board Advisor, Tom Vanacore, were invited to speak at the
University of Illinois in August. One of the most exciting developments so
far, please check out their video
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=7ce02dff17&e=f1204bc2d1>
about
this project.

*Here's what we're gearing up for next...*

We are partnering with Rock Dust Local
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=062e4038d3&e=f1204bc2d1>
integrate more sustainable models into industrial agriculture that go
beyond organic to increase yields, food quality, and food security.

Remineralize the Earth is looking to coordinate a forest remineralization
campaign, mobilizing local, state, federal, National Guard and volunteer
organizations to prevent destructive and deadly forest fires. This will
lead to forests and landscapes that are healthier and more resilient to
drought, disease and weather extremes.

Dr. Tom Goreau from RTE’s Board of Directors will be a keynote speaker at
the Global Earth Repair Conference
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=1b0412270c&e=f1204bc2d1>in
Port Townsend, WA on May 3-5, 2019. Joanna Campe will be giving two
workshops on, History and Overview of the Global Remineralization Movement
and Future Directions and Mounting a Campaign to Remineralize Forests on a
Vast Scale.
SUPPORT THESE EFFORTS
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=b9ca31b4b0&e=f1204bc2d1>
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=088778f587&e=f1204bc2d1>

Dirt Rich, a new documentary by filmmaker Marcelina Cravat, about
geotherapy and regenerative agriculture, and featuring Dr. Tom Goreau and
remineralization, now has an official trailer
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=34b866734e&e=f1204bc2d1>
and is making the rounds of film festivals. The film is narrated by actor
Gregory Cruz and features music by Tom Rhodes. It has already appeared in
Green
Film Fest in San Francisco
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=f97e41d120&e=f1204bc2d1>
.

Here are some additional articles about remineralization on the rise:
*The Leverhulme Centre for Climate Change Mitigation – Advancing
remineralization into the mainstream
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=7a231e4fb2&e=f1204bc2d1>*

*The Ecoagro Revolution in Mexico
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=e469c4268b&e=f1204bc2d1>*

*Conflict Puts Remineralization Project on Hold in Cameroon
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=49106c1eb0&e=f1204bc2d1>*

*Upcoming Conference “Regenerating Vitality: Realizing Nature’s Potential”
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=262dae23a3&e=f1204bc2d1>*
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=66e9ac5f47&e=f1204bc2d1>

This work is critical to creating healthy food systems, sustainable land
management, and an informed population. It all begins with healthy soil.
Learn about our work via the latest features
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=b1626381d7&e=f1204bc2d1>
, news
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=8983399932&e=f1204bc2d1>,
and blog posts.
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=0cbcc2d407&e=f1204bc2d1>

LET'S REMINERALIZE THE WORLD'S SOILS
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=747239eb9a&e=f1204bc2d1>
We are a small non-profit with board members, volunteers, and researchers
all over the world, all fighting for the common goal of a healthier world.
To do that, we look to the soil, and all of our efforts focus on
remineralization as an effective and measurable way to enrich soil,
replenish lands, and revive forests and agriculture. Every donation helps
us continue this important work!

<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=27d7326860&e=f1204bc2d1>
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=eaf9a44f17&e=f1204bc2d1>
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=aaf9dee7ce&e=f1204bc2d1>
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=f0222998ac&e=f1204bc2d1>
*Remineralize the Earth*
152 South Street
Northampton, MA 01060 USA

Email: jcampe@remineralize.org

http://www.remineralize.org
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=2d7437b9ab&e=f1204bc2d1>

*Book*
Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon
Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase
http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466595392
<https://remineralize.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55cfd7b1fd83da05553830a8a&id=1f0a9830f8&e=f1204bc2d1>

Remineralize the Earth · 152 South St · Northampton, MA 01060 · USA

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Remineralization is gaining new ground 🌿, Lawrence London, 11/19/2018