permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [eu-pc-network] Peoplecare and contextuality

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [eu-pc-network] Peoplecare and contextuality
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 06:39:52 -0400

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 4:31 AM georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:

> any
> continuums.

"very special cases show any binarity. For the vast majority we have to
think in terms of continuums."

I don't know what he means here but it certainly suggests some very
interesting ideas, especially that of continuums (a path that will take you
where you need to go despite any obstacles encounteed along the way).

> Once again I am grabbing the chance to recommend the best and most
> scientific author on consciousness continuums I have come across so far:
> Chrstpher Bache, "Dark Night, Early Dawn: Steps to a Deep Ecology of Mind
> " and "The Living Classroom: Teaching and Collective Consciousness".

A quick link to references about him:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chrstpher+Bache&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://makeheaven.com/christopher-bache.html
innate = inborn, natural

"the ancient claim that the capacity to experience transcendental states of
being is innate"
That is particularly interesting. We could say that Man is naturally a
'spiritual being'. Man, arises on a morning, reaches into the void, grabs a
sample of enlightenment
and heads off to work applying it throughout his activities during the day.
How many people would embrace the concept that he, himself, is a spiritual
being. Jump to permaculture. Regard the entire world around you through the
lens of permaculture. Somehow, that seems to be the most practical tool to
use to guide you through every circumstance encountered each day. Its like
taking a long drink from a cup full of the essence of life. You do not know
fully where that will take you. You have faith that it will be along a
positive path. Your journey unfolds and reveals it's magic as you progress
down the path made available to you.

Look again at the picture of the Vietnamese terraced rice fields I posted
the other day. Could you do this work? I could. Many could. I have heard it
said that rice growing is a religion to Vietamese people. Something to
consider there. Permaculture, offering a lens on our world, could be
considered a religion. I am talking around the fact that I consider
Permaculture to be a very powerful thing, a major force in the Universe, a
tool offered to us as a guide through the world that was created for our
existence.

"The publication of Aldous Huxley's *The Doors of Perception* in 1954
touched off a heated debate among philosophers and theologians on
"chemical" versus "natural mysticism" that lasted for about 15 years.
Participants on both sides of this debate shared one point in common. In
assessing the spiritual merit of psychedelic substances, they focused on
the euphoric side of psychedelic experience. What intrigued them about
these chemicals was their capacity to release a state of consciousness in
the subject which was strikingly close to, if not identical to, mystical
ecstasy. The phenomenological proximity of psychedelic "highs" to mystical
"highs" led some to celebrate the mind-openers as initiating a new era of
spirituality, while others criticized the sleight of hand of "instant" or
"chemical mysticism.""

That is absolutely amazing. I remember when that book was published. It has
been in the news that psychotherapists are using microdoses of psychedelics
to treat people with stubborn symptoms, like MDMA or Ecstasy for PTSD in
veterans. It seems also to be a trend amongst users of psychedelics.

I will take a stand in this debate. I lean toward the natural. Is one more
powerful than the other when thinking of levels of energy derived?
I think that the experience gained by taking a PDC, which I have never
done, should be considered extremely valuable. If one can not do this then
there are worlds to discover in the field, online, from media and through
reading.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com