permaculture - [permaculture] Advanced Permaculture Climate course, free intro course, and more...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Andrew Millison <amillison@gmail.com>
  • To: Andrew Millison <amillison@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Advanced Permaculture Climate course, free intro course, and more...
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:28:59 -0700

Hello Permaculture people!

*1) *On April 2nd, we launch our new course "*Advanced Permaculture Design
Tools for Climate Resilience*
<https://pace.oregonstate.edu/catalog/advanced-permaculture-design-tools-climate-resilience>".
Here is a *synopsis*:

"This course is design-intensive and is focused on design tools for
students who have completed a Permaculture Design Certificate Course and
are seeking deeper studies. Each student will design a site of their choice
as the focus of the course assignments. The course begins with technical
training in the advanced use of Google Earth and the remainder of the
course mapping and design assignments will use Google Earth as a format for
submissions.

The next section of the course looks at climate classification systems and
teaches the climate analogue design tool. From there the curriculum moves
into climate change forecasting and its use in the design process. Each
student will assess their design site location based on the climate
analogue and climate change forecasting tools and templates that are
presented.

The next piece in the course is to create a design for the student's
selected site in the order of P.A.Yeoman's Scales of Landscape Permanence,
with each design layer done on Google Earth and presented on professional
design report templates that are provided. The design will be based on the
climate analogue and climate change information from the first part of the
course. Each student will work with an instructor one-on-one and get
project-specific feedback on their work. Each student should come out of
this course with a refined design concept for the site of their choice, as
well as the outline of a business and implementation plan."

We produced these 3 videos about the most extensive water harvesting
systems on the planet as part of this course:

Resilient Rajasthan part 1: Climate Change Impacts
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYzdZc0jCLg>

Resilient Rajasthan part 2: Watershed Permaculture
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6zjKC8KpAo>

Resilient Rajasthan part 3: Region Wide Water Harvesting
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRSTWghouw>

*2)* Also, don't miss our free *Intro to Permaculture*
<https://open.oregonstate.edu/courses/permaculture/> course beginning April
23rd and running for 4 weeks. Since we begun running this course 2 years
ago, we have had over 40,000 registrations and the feedback has been
excellent. This is a great course to send to your mom or uncle!

*3) *Our online *Permaculture Design Certificate Course*
<https://pace.oregonstate.edu/catalog/permaculture-design-certificate-online>
is ongoing, and we have graduated over 1,000 students since it's original
development in 2011. We are continually updating and refining this course.

Thanks and all the best,
Andrew Millison
--
Andrew Millison
www.earthrepairradio.com

  • [permaculture] Advanced Permaculture Climate course, free intro course, and more..., Andrew Millison, 03/20/2018