permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Protected beds to supply chickens with greens year round; an in-place chicken tractor.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Protected beds to supply chickens with greens year round; an in-place chicken tractor.
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 16:30:18 -0500

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:

> my variation: construction steel mesh, bent to long-A-shaped things - see
> http://parlow.at/pk/texte/huhn/gif/schutz.gif

That's a useful variation. Later I realized that with flat-on-the-ground
beds and small mesh fencewire or poultry/animal wire (hardware cloth)
sagging could be better prevented with concrete reinforcing wire stapled to
the wood frame and small mesh fence wire laid on top of it. It would last a
long time before needing to be replaced or repaired.
Fence T posts would not be needed or a good design element either.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com