permaculture - [permaculture] FOOD NUTRITION

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, europeanpermaculturenetwork <europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] FOOD NUTRITION
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 09:22:02 +1200

THIS ISA HIGHLY VALUABLE THREAD.... it will open the doors on the subject
for all.

Steve Hart

The Middles Ages was a dangerous time to live. Marauders could easily
overpower isolated households followed by pillage and murder.

The solution was to band together and live behind the high walls of a
castle. As an added defense many castles dug a deep ditch around the castle
and filled it with water.

[image: image]

*Caerlaverock Castle* by Simon Ledingham, CC BY-SA 2.0,
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8861479
<https://aglabs.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/3548/711775c810649830/1519934/7452c1261881efe9>

Other than starving them out over a longer period of time, the main way to
infiltrate a heavily fortified castle was to tunnel under it. A moat filled
with water did have a way of dampening that approach.

Today the world we live in is also a dangerous environment for our health.
Marauders in many different forms are an ever present threat. Our defense
against such marauders is our health. * To put it bluntly our castle is our
health.* A healthy immune system keeps disease and cancer at bay.

A healthy immune system is built on nutrition, not drugs. But with today’s
food supply nothing can be taken for granted. Many times our “castles”
succumb to marauders that pillage our health; diabetes here, high blood
pressure there – it all starts to add up and soon our castle is in danger
of outright collapse.

What is the solution?

*It is time to put a moat around your castle. *How? By consuming a regular
supply of nutrient dense food.

The best way to do this is to grow your own nutrition. By growing and
consuming a regular supply of nutrient dense foods that taste phenomenal
you will be giving your body the building blocks it needs to build a
fortified castle.

These building blocks include minerals, vitamins, enzymes, complex
carbohydrates, and even essential oils.

The problem with our general food supply is the continuous inclusion of
environmental toxins. Organic food is not exempt from this problem either.
Truth be told, our modern food supply includes heavy metals, glyphosate
residues, and many other fungicide and pesticide residues.

As an illustration honey was tested for glyphosate residues by the USDA
some time back. Technically it is illegal to sell honey contaminated with
glyphosate. Surprise surprise; the majority of the samples were
contaminated. So what did the USDA do? They quit testing honey and a lot of
other foods too for glyphosate contamination.

When our bodies face these toxic onslaughts they respond by detoxification.
But the process of detoxification uses valuable minerals and metabolic
energy that are expelled with the toxins. Hence the need for higher levels
of nutrition to keep the castle strong and secure.

To explain the How of growing nutrient dense food I have broken it down to
15 simple action steps. Each action step is covered in its own article.

But first a disclaimer. There are many paths to nutrient dense foods. What
I will be sharing and writing about is the path that I have discovered
building on the work of many pioneers from earlier generations. We owe them
a lot. And the only way I can think to repay them is to follow their model
– by living out what we currently know as an example to the generations yet
to come.

The general goal with this series is to put a nutritional moat around the
castle of your health. The specific goal of the sequence is to encourage
step by step implementation from one step to the next.

If you would like to get these article just click the link below.

Yes Sign Me Up
<https://aglabs.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/3570/eb3ccde4907d07a3/1519934/7452c1261881efe9>

For friends or family who might be interested just ask them to go to
www.growyourownnutrition.com
<https://aglabs.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/3552/865c7affaf060a64/1519934/7452c1261881efe9>
and sign up.

In addition to these 15 steps I will also add a few more articles
explaining some of the principles laid out in the soil graphic – especially
touching on the importance of the Carbon Matrix.

I look forward to sharing each step and getting your responses.

With Respect,

*Jon Frank*
International Ag Labs
Business: (507) 235-6909 | Mobile: (507) 236-6909
Jon.Frank@aglabs.com
www.aglabs.com

Unsubscribe
<https://aglabs.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/3546/6334ff292cd63fd5/1519934/7452c1261881efe9>

International Ag Labs, Inc. 800 W. Lake Ave. Fairmont, Minnesota 56031
United States (507) 235-6909

--
Kia ora Ehoa

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*
*Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology.​*
Skype: tipenemanawa
Phone: +64 220 75 62 11

Permaculture Global Design:
www.permacultureglobaldesign.org

The Permaculture International College
www.permaculturecollege.eu
https://permaculturecollege.academia.edu/SteveHart

www.permaculturepartnerships.com

  • [permaculture] FOOD NUTRITION, Steve Hart, 08/03/2017