permaculture - Re: [permaculture] ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:58:43 -0400

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:55 AM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hmmm..sounds like the next EITR wkshp at IPC13 will be quite creative.
> Perhaps there are many issues within our own room "Permaculture
> International" ( for this is the IPC) to work through. We have never had
> any policing or guidance for how we could best operate with respect and
> focus on what we could deem our agenda or morals.
>

> IMO this is what we need
> to focus on. There are many more subjects we could easily wander off on any
> tangent with. So lets focus and develop some traction on internal elements.

That is it exactly. Internal elements; things that people naturally
gravitae toward, day to day, instead of pie in the sky stuff, bigger is
better, bigger picture, grand plans. The Buddha teaches us to look inward,
seek direction through introspection. I listened to an hour on the life of
Buddha in a PBS TV documentary, one of the best works I have ever been
privileged to hear. It was a life changing experience. So, you are right,
develop an intra-permaculture-community maze, spider web of connections,
network of nodes of knowledge,.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com