permaculture - Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@mailman1.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] MAY 25 Official launch worldwide FUNDRAISER SCHOLARSHIPS TO INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE CONVERGENCE - IPC INDIA 2017
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 21:10:38 -0400

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 4:34 AM, wesley roe Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network <lakinroe@silcom.com> wrote:

> this is crazy making
> I have never seen you at any of the International Permaculture Convergence
> ,have you ever been to one ? I have attended everyone since 2005 and no-one
> has ever talked about you being at one unless you attended therein 1986 in
> USA

I have never been to any IPC and have never taken a formal PDC and have met
only one Permaculture dignitary.
No time or money to travel, ever. Too busy building permaculture systems
that work over time on my mini farm,
maintaining this and other valued lists and earning a living.

You should make it your mission for the next month to bring Neil DeGrasse
Tyson into the world of Permaculture.
He needs to know about it and what it can do. He, for a giant scientist, is
actually one of Permaculture's best friends.
He insists that it would be easier and less expensive to re-terraform
Earth, reduce existing and future human-generated risks to humanity,
develop the technology to deflect asteroids headed to Earth, than to go to
Mars, terraform it and transport untold millions there to live. This is his
response to Stephen Hawking's contention that Mankind will soon need to
find some extra terrestial body to live on. You could tell him that the
formula for the curvature of the lens of Permaculture is perfectly in sync
with the Standard Model.

Permaculture is too big now for all those millions practicing and
developing it to be distracted by the notions of a few high profile
permaculture professionals who place making large fortunes from
Permaculture higher than maintaining the purity and robustness
of the standards that define it.

Anyway, Tyson talks about Multiverses as if they do exist and what their
relationship with parallel universes is. That is some heavy stuff but so is
permaculture (especially if you see it as I do).

Onward back to the Earth.

Here is Tyson't book:

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry Hardcover – May 2, 2017
by Neil deGrasse Tyson (Author)
$11.37

He is way beyond fascinating.

LL