permaculture - [permaculture] Mártir da Amazónia - Dorothy Stang - Martyr of the Amazon

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: joao pedro goncalves <joaovox@gmail.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mártir da Amazónia - Dorothy Stang - Martyr of the Amazon
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 12:29:25 +0000

*Sister Dorothy Mae Stang, S.N.D.*, (7 July 1931 – 12 February 2005)

http://www.alem-mar.org/cgi-bin/quickregister/scripts/redirect.cgi?redirect=
EkAEFZAAkuQAWVDYbH

http://theykilledsisterdorothy.com/flash.html

https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/road-peace/sr-dorothy-stang-martyr-amazon

"Over the years, Dorothy wore a favorite T-shirt that read: "The death of
the forest is the end of our lives." She knew first hand what the
destruction of the Amazon meant, not only for Brazil but for the planet. In
1991, she took a sabbatical program in Oakland, California to study
creation spirituality with Matthew Fox (and lived around the corner from
me. ) Afterwards, she attended the historic 1992 first Earth Summit in Rio
de Janeiro. A few weeks later, she wrote her family, "Tell all that we must
make great efforts to save our planet. Mother Earth is not able to provide
anymore. Her water and air are poisoned and her soil is dying of
exaggerated use of chemicals, all in the name of profit. Pray for all of us
and for a world where all can live -- plants, animals and humans -- in
peace and harmony." In 2002, the death threats intensified. The mayor of
the nearby town said, "We have to get rid of that woman if we are going to
have peace." A list circulated of people with "bounties" on their heads.
Atop the list was her name -- Stang, $20,000."

  • [permaculture] Mártir da Amazónia - Dorothy Stang - Martyr of the Amazon, joao pedro goncalves, 03/08/2017