permaculture - Re: [permaculture] CANCER /Toby Hemenway

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, europeanpermaculturenetwork <europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] CANCER /Toby Hemenway
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:20:26 +1300

Hi Chris et al..The passing of Toby still lingers with much regret for it
was a life and strong spirit that we did not have to allow to pass us by.
Health and nutrition has been a hobby of mine for a long time. I have
experimented with a range of diets and do maintain a diet focussed on raw
fresh organic in-season food, high on grains, free range and browse. I have
met with many in this industry and also many who have struggled with
various illnesses especially cancers. Nearly every week I hear of an
acquaintance that we have lost. Recently an American group has put together
a very good DVD set which explores this whole subject. I recommend it to
every network to have a look at it. It is of course focussed on cancer but
also teaches us many other realities about the entire world of health,
nutrition and medicine.

There is a 9 video set by Ty Bollinger

Check it out: thetruthaboutcancer.com

Steve Hart

On 16 February 2017 at 03:35, christopher nesbitt <
christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org> wrote:

> I have a lot of pictures of Toby from 2006. I would like to share them with
> his wife, Kiel. Does anyone have her email address?
>
> _____________________________
>
> Christopher Nesbitt
>

> Maya Mountain Research Farm
>
> San Pedro Columbia, Toledo
>
> PO 153 Punta Gorda Town, Toledo
>
> BELIZE,
>
> Central America
>

> www.mmrfbz.org
> www.facebook.com/MayaMountainResearchFarm
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 2:38 PM, <scott@permaculture.org> wrote:
>
> > It is with deep regret that I hear of Toby's passing on the darkest day
> of
> > the year. For me this darkness is increased by the loss of the great
> light
> > born by Toby.
> >
> > I met Toby in 1996 at Fossil Rim Texas where Bill Mollison and I had
> > convened a Permaculture Design Course. It was being held at a wildlife
> > refuge that had as a primary purpose the rescue of the White Lipped
> Rhino.
> > The class was, as usual, a very rambunctious group full of themselves and
> > dreams of a greener future. Toby fit right in to this emerging family of
> > pioneer radicals.
> >
> > I was struck by the intense intellect that Toby brought to the class and
> > his immediate understanding of what permaculture was all about. In a
> very
> > short time Toby had created a rural property and written a book. His
> book
> > Gaia's Garden was and is the best seller of permaculture design books. I
> > very soon looked to Toby as my own sounding board on issues that I was
> > struggling with in the organizational structure of permaculture as well
> as
> > the deeper philosophical questions that are inevitable if one is serious
> > about the implications of permacutlure. Toby was always willing to enter
> > into discussions of depth and he obviously thought a lot about
> permaculture
> > and the patterns of permaculture.
> >
> > I will miss this fellow traveler and his sagacity I will also miss the
> > twinkle in his eye and the shy boy that lay just under the surface of his
> > smile. I look forward to our next meeting in a better place that I am
> sure
> > Toby will be a major part of its design.
> >
> > I pray that my love will find you well and in peace.
> >
> > Scott Pittman
> > Director
> > Permaculture Institute America

  • Re: [permaculture] CANCER /Toby Hemenway, Steve Hart, 02/15/2017