permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sustainable Food Systems: The Role of the City

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sustainable Food Systems: The Role of the City
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 15:01:49 -0500

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Christian Skiba <c.skiba@gmx.de> wrote:

> Edmonton’s Food and Urban Agriculture Strategy
> https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/urban_planning_and_d
> esign/food-and-urban-agriculture.aspx
>
> Growing Green: Measuring Benefits, Overcoming Barriers and Nurturing
> Opportunities for Urban Agriculture in Boston
> http://www.clf.org/publication/growing-green-measuring-
> benefits-overcoming-barriers-nurturing-opportunities-urban-
> agriculture-boston/
>
> Stadtentwicklung mit dem Gartenspaten - Umrisse einer
> Stadternaehrungsplanung
> City development with th garden spade - Outline of a city food planning
> http://speiseraeume.de/sep (german)
> http://speiseraeume.de/sep_eng (english abstract)

Thanks for the additional libnks on this topic, Christian.

I think the opportunities are straight up for all kinds of local
community-oriented food production,
on open land, urban lots, abandoned spaces, back yard, sloping land that
can be terraced (see John Jeavons and his circle gardening too). I posted
earlier about South African backyard farmers getting to the premium wine
making business with grapes grown in the back yaerds and community spaces.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com