permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Extremely useful website for obtaining scientific papers.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Extremely useful website for obtaining scientific papers.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:30:21 -0500

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> FWD: Extremely useful website for obtaining scientific papers.
>
> I have just learned about this website:
> https://sci-hub.cc/

Also, Frontiers
http://home.frontiersin.org/

Frontiers is a community-rooted, open-access academic publisher

Our grand vision is to build an Open Science platform where everybody has
equal opportunity to seek, share and generate knowledge, and that empowers
researchers in their daily work.

-

Frontiers is at the forefront of building this ultimate Open Science
platform. By taking publishing entirely online, we drive innovations and
develop new technologies to make peer-review more efficient and
transparent, provide impact metrics for articles and researchers, are the
first – and only – to merge open-access publishing with a research network
platform, Loop, to catalyse collaboration and research dissemination and we
popularize research to the public, including kids. Our mission is to
increase the reach and impact of articles and their authors.

Frontiers today publishes several of the most cited Open-access journals
<http://blog.frontiersin.org/2015/09/11/frontiers-leads-in-size-and-quality-in-gold-open-access-comparison/>
in the world, is today one the largest and fastest-growing open-access
publishers, receives millions of monthly page views, received the ALPSP
Gold Award for Innovation in Publishing in 2014, has publishing agreements
with many universities, and collaborates with Nature Publishing Group,
Scientific American, Digital Science, OpenAire, CrossRef, OASPA, COPE,
Jacobs Foundation, and others to advance Open Science worldwide.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com