permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture and economic opportunities - recent FB thread

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture and economic opportunities - recent FB thread
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 13:45:28 -0500

Maybe some will be interested in adding their thoughts here or at FB:
https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139

Holmgren "I’m under no illusion that the future will be a neat and tidy or
desirable world. We will gain a lot of things through necessity and a lot
of them through all sorts of fragile dysfunction—not because they’re bad
ideas but because they will inevitably be adopted in a chaotic, reactive
way. I think permaculture will become much stronger and more significant
because the ideas behind it will grow rapidly as the system becomes more
fragile."
<https://www.guernicamag.com/daily/a-matter-of-scale/>
David Holmgren: A Matter of Scale
<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.guernicamag.com%2Fdaily%2Fa-matter-of-scale%2F&h=wAQG9dUcT&enc=AZOCBNkKcfHM-NkVyKLuJciCURbODFL82HJ4029eWJXdB2vrqrDcCyviUQ0freeJTyqqCZR9gntXoZdf2S3s_ZHUDaS2zHSnGvcT3GKvWOr9-VpQaIr-APbq5OsxPKocmgHpRMYVZF2-SiZZRzeLXrdlPTYaJ5Z0r9ZEcVD4p2ZEP7cW2q2dSvj01rPHSZ8Kn0I&s=1>
The cofounder of permaculture on why the radical idea he developed in the
1970s is key to fighting climate change today.
guernicamag.com|By Guernica Magazine
Comments
[image: Lawrence London]
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014245478331>
Lawrence London
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014245478331>
......because
permaculture is resilient in the face of chaos, maybe even thrives on it,
while systems of greed are not as they require predictable circumstances.
Like
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139#>
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139#>
· 1 <https://www.facebook.com/browse/likes?id=10155125474165139> · 16 hrs
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D>
[image: Lawrence London]
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014245478331&fref=ufi>
Lawrence London
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014245478331&fref=ufi> predictable
circumstances = predictable conditions = they require political systems
they can buy and own that favor their economic schemes (in the USA the
USDA/FDA revolving dfoor for Monsanto and others of their ilk) .
Like
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139#>
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139#>
· 1 <https://www.facebook.com/browse/likes?id=10155126934160139> · 3 hrs
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126934160139&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D>
[image: Donka Radeva] <https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5?fref=ufi>
Donka Radeva <https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5?fref=ufi> Predictable
circumstances are possible only in the theory of the neo-classical economic
schools ... it is not adaptable for the practice
Like
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139#>
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139#>
· 3 hrs
<https://www.facebook.com/donka.radeva.5/posts/10155123057690139?comment_id=10155125474165139&reply_comment_id=10155126987655139&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%22%7D>
[image: Lawrence London]
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014245478331&fref=ufi>
Lawrence London
<https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014245478331&fref=ufi> It is
possible only in theory, then. My broad generalization was convenient for
further condemning Monsanto & Friends. On a practical level Big Ag has made
the system "more predictable" for their purposes. The little farmers always
says "the system is rigged" and rightly so. I am not familiar with
neo-classical economics. I see things from the perspective of a small
market gardener seeking fair access to market opportunities, local,
regional or beyond. That's what those South African grape growers sought
and got with help from some good people. BTW they grow their grapes in
their back yards, in open public spaces and in community gardens. The
public will get a superior product that becomes more competitive as more
growers go online. Speaking of my idea for Ukrainian and Bulgarian Black
Earth Region farmers service providers and various artisanal producers,
they can construct a product and services production, warehousing,
marketing and distribution network. We need such a think here in the USA.
With so many people out of work or underemployed and underpaid, many could
use a network like this to make a living.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Permaculture and economic opportunities - recent FB thread, Lawrence London, 11/25/2016