permaculture - Re: [permaculture] This list, permaculture and discussion traffic.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] This list, permaculture and discussion traffic.
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 08:03:46 -0500

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 5:38 AM, joao pedro goncalves <joaovox@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, I believe, WE all (want to) value the marginal.
>
> But, to do so, we need to look for it and know it exists, and its process.
>
> Feedback is too precious, we should give and must ask for it.

I agree. For me attaining the ultimate, the holy grail, the max can be
pondered alone with one's thoughts, but to get there requires community,
brainstorming, group exploration and eventually experimentation on site.
This is why I liked the 60's so much. The coffeehouse era allowed us to
gather and talk (without the usual alcohol or recreational drugs) or play
chess or read, write or recite or smoke our pipes, cigars or imported
Balkan Sobranie cigarettes (now I would avoid tobacco, replaced with a
little ginseng, ginko, gotu kola,fo ti). No limits, plenty of time Plenty
of things to explore, rambling, stream of consciousness, taking notes,
establishing threads to bring back another time. We enjoyed impromptu think
tanks, developed visions for the turure of agriculture, laid the groundwork
for what became permaculture. The collective mindset amassed energy, ideas
and concepts. We explored the world around us from the urban to wildlands
savoring local wildspaces sequestered in fragile nodes within the developed
monoliths. At that time a world with little pollution was ours to explore.
Many of us had the wanderlust; I made it as far as Mexico. The world was
safe back then. We can recreate that world if we work on it.

"It is not for endless lurking, never posting or replying."

> this reminds us that this is a permaculture list,
> a feedback driven proccess.
>
> We know that no-replying is feedback too,
> and that is why we see Laurence call for a show of hands.
>
> Thank you for your good work and show of hands.

I am glad to help and am enjoying the ride.
Viva Che (gave the finger to those who would destroy Gurtemala - he would
be rolling in his grave if he could see Central America now - what do you
think he would say about that one's new immigration policy, much less the
wall)
Viva Los Gitanos
Alegrias y penas de andalucia.
Viva Woody Guthrie

> João
>
> Sun and wind in Lisboa, Portugal

Plant windbreaks and groves, develop edge zones.
More later.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.