permaculture - [permaculture] Buckminster Fuller’s Manifesto for the Genius of Generalists

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Buckminster Fuller’s Manifesto for the Genius of Generalists
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:30:27 -0400

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture
Network <lakinroe@silcom.com> wrote:

> Buckminster Fuller’s Manifesto for the Genius of Generalists
> “Only mind can discover how to do so much with so little as forever to be
> able to sustain and physically satisfy all humanity.”
> BY MARIA POPOVA
>
> https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/03/08/buckminster-fuller-synergetics/ <
> https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/03/08/buckminster-fuller-synergetics/>

Thanks for posting this, Wes. Here is a great lecture of his on Synergy
(not complete lecture)
Buckminster Fuller Lecture On Synergy

Here is a more complete copy containing introductory words missing from the
version below. It too is missing much of the lecture it ends prematurely.
buckyfuller-synergy.mp3
(860k)
Lawrence London,
Nov 21, 2011, 5:36 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/biointensivefarming/home/buckyfuller-synergy.mp3?attredirects=0&d=1

https://sites.google.com/site/biointensivefarming/home/BFullerSynergy.wmv?
attredirects=0&d=1 - download or d/l & open with media player
https://plus.google.com/u/0/103323666932740258290/videos?
hl=en&pid=5677406164212955218&oid=103323666932740258290
- turn the volume up

Buckminster Fuller - Everything I Know - Part 1
https://archive.org/details/buckminsterfullereverythingiknow01

Buckminster Fuller - Everything I Know - Part 1
Topics Buckminster Fuller
<https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Buckminster+Fuller%22>,
Dymaxion
house <https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Dymaxion+house%22>,
Wichita House
<https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Wichita+House%22>, geodesic
domes <https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22geodesic+domes%22>,
tensegrity structures
<https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22tensegrity+structures%22>,
Synergetics
<https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Synergetics%22>

During the last two weeks of January 1975 Buckminster Fuller gave an
extraordinary series of lectures concerning his entire life's work. These
thinking out loud lectures span 42 hours and examine in depth all of
Fuller's major inventions and discoveries from the 1927 Dymaxion house, car
and bathroom, through the Wichita House, geodesic domes, and tensegrity
structures, as well as the contents of Synergetics. Autobiographical in
parts, Fuller recounts his own personal history in the context of the
history of science and industrialization.

The stories behind his Dymaxion car, geodesic domes, World Game and
integration of science and humanism are lucidly communicated with
continuous reference to his synergetic geometry. Permeating the entire
series is his unique comprehensive design approach to solving the problems
of the world. Some of the topics Fuller covered in this wide ranging
discourse include: architecture, design, philosophy, education,
mathematics, geometry, cartography, economics, history, structure,
industry, housing and engineering.
For MP4 audio format pick H264:
DOWNLOAD OPTIONS
download 170 files
<https://archive.org/compress/buckminsterfullereverythingiknow01/formats=H.264&file=/buckminsterfullereverythingiknow01.zip>
H.264
<https://archive.org/compress/buckminsterfullereverythingiknow01/formats=H.264&file=/buckminsterfullereverythingiknow01.zip>

More:
Google search on "Buckminster Fuller lecture on synergy audio file"
R. Buckminster Fuller Digital Collection: Welcome
<https://collections.stanford.edu/bucky/>
https://collections.stanford.edu/bucky/
The R. *Buckminster Fuller* Digital Collection consists of *audio* and
video materials culled and digitally reformatted from the R. *Buckminster
Fuller* Collection at ...
Missing: lecture ‎file
Everything I Know: 42 Hours of Buckminster Fuller's Visionary ...
<http://www.openculture.com/2012/08/ieverything_i_knowi_42_hours_of_visionary_buckminster_fuller_lectures_1975.html>
www.openculture.com/.../ieverything_i_knowi_42_hours_of_visionary...
Open Culture
Aug 8, 2012 - Think of the name *Buckminster Fuller*, and you may think of
a few oddities ... in the 42-hour *lecture* series Everything I Know,
available to download at the .... He finds the free courses and *audio*
books you need, the language ...
Missing: synergy ‎file
Buckminster Fuller - Everything I Know - Part 1 : Free Download ...
<https://archive.org/details/buckminsterfullereverythingiknow01>
https://archive.org/details/*buckminsterfuller*everythingiknow01
Internet Archive
Nov 7, 2011 - During the last two weeks of January 1975 *Buckminster Fuller*
gave an extraordinary ... These thinking out loud *lectures* span 42 hours
and examine in depth all of Fuller's ... *Audio*/Visual *sound*, color ...
download 170 *files*.
Southern Illinois University Collection of R. Buckminster Fuller, 1928 ...
<http://archives.lib.siu.edu/index.php?p=collections/findingaid&id=8&rootcontentid=916&q=%22Buckminster+Fuller%22>
Universit...
Documentary Film and *Audio* Recordings: Speeches, Meetings, *Lectures* ...
MS133 Delyte Wesley Morris Papers - Cassette tape, subject *files*,
oversized map of ... Filmed *lectures*, "R. *Buckminster Fuller*: The World
Game" Saturn Pictures ... Item 2: Part 2: *Synergy* (nobody can throw a
straight ball), 1971 Add to your cart.
Guide to the R. Buckminster Fuller Papers M1090
<http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf109n9832/dsc/?dsc.position=20001>
www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/tf109n9832/dsc/?dsc.position=20001
Margaret *Fuller Lecture*, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Kresge
...... PA (*sound* track to film #74) with transcript in manuscript *file*,
1/4" full track" [2 of 2] 1973 Nov 24 ...... Bucky *Fuller* at Pajaro
Dunes, Sunsight & *Synergy* Seminars.
version 1.3 of the Buckminster Fuller FAQ - CJ Fearnley
<http://www.cjfearnley.com/fuller-faq.13.sgml>
www.cjfearnley.com/*fuller*-faq.13.sgml
The R. *Buckminster Fuller* FAQ <author>Christopher J. Fearnley, <htmlurl
... He was a polymath whose writings and *lectures* touched upon every
aspect of the .... This generalized principle (the law of mass attraction)
is a *synergy* because if ...... and contrived to *sound* paternal and
profound, are becoming less and less a ...
[PDF]Diaz Greyroom.pdf - MIT Architecture
<https://architecture.mit.edu/sites/architecture.mit.edu/files/attachments/lecture/Diaz%20Greyroom.pdf>
https://architecture.mit.edu/.../*files*/.../*lecture*/Dia...
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
by EVA DÍAZ - ‎2011 - ‎Cited by 5
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&cites=2971867922831627585>
- ‎Related articles
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&q=related:QdXBUyEyPimenM:scholar.google.com/>
of the twenty-first century, *Buckminster Fuller's* iconic dome designs.5
In New ..... founders in 1968–1969.20 Corey combined the *audio* track of
these interviews ...
Buckminster Fuller and Futurists - DKS
<https://dks.thing.net/BuckminsterFullerandFuturists.html>
https://dks.thing.net/*BuckminsterFuller*andFuturists.html
For the EP by Nerina Pallot, see *Buckminster Fuller* EP. .... using
geometric concepts, long before the term *synergy* became popular. .....
"Passenger *Files*: Isamu Noguchi, 1904–1988". .... A Fuller Explanation
Introduction into the Design Revolution · The "Everything I Know" 42-hour
*lecture* session — video, *audio*, and full ...
Abalos - Czerniak (A-C) - Event Video Index, Harvard Graduate ...
<http://guides.library.harvard.edu/gsd/videoindex>
guides.library.harvard.edu/gsd/videoindex
Harvard Library
May 12, 2016 - Silence Harvard GSD *Lecture*, 2003.03.12, (GSDvr_0166
Harvard Depository 1 VHS master) 1 DVD copy. ... Harvard GSD Discussion
Series 2008.04.08, 1DVD master (*audio file*) .... *SYNERGY* .... *Buckminster
Fuller*, In Effect
Buckminster Fuller - Wikipedia
<http://www.wikipedia.or.ke/index.php/Buckminster_Fuller>
www.wikipedia.or.ke/index.php/*Buckminster*_*Fuller*
Nov 30, 2012 - *File*:Biosphère Montréal.jpg ... *Buckminster Fuller*,
*lecture* tour 1972-3, University of California at ... Fuller coined this
term long before the term *synergy* became popular. ..... *Buckminster
Fuller* Digital Collection at Stanford includes 380 hrs. of streamed
*audio*-visual
material from Fuller's personal archive ...

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com