permaculture - [permaculture] Vale da Lama Farm

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Vale da Lama Farm
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 12:03:10 -0400

Vale da Lama Farm
http://www.valedalama.net/en/

Vision

In the desert of touristic Algarve, an oasis of sustainable good living.
Mission Statement

Quinta do Vale da Lama provides farm based experiences which empower
individuals of all ages and backgrounds to create positive social and
ecological impact by living in a regenerative way.
What do we do?

It’s within this 43 hectares in the western Algarve that two entities
cooperate in creating a field of experience that integrates different
projects and people of diverse backgrounds and ages, aiming towards
resilience.

The whole farm is a permaculture and regenerative agriculture project that
works together with Nature. We experiment several ways of growing food,
working with biodiversity of plants and animals, redesigning the farm to
become a resilient landscape. It’s our intention to establish and maintain
permanent systems that bring abundance for this and future generations.

Campo do Vale is a space managed by Projecto Novas Descobertas – Associação
Educativa e Recreativa, a non-profit organization with 20 years of
experience in social work and programs for all ages, is now offering
quality programs on the farm, promoting a deeper connection with nature and
developing links with local communities. It combines creative learning
approaches with traditional knowledge providing new discoveries for all.

Casa Vale da Lama – Eco Resort is a hosting service for groups offering
fresh organic meals, comfortable facilities and a relaxing environment
where you can also be involved in a a diversity of farm activities.

Sweet Spot Cafe & Farm shop are the perfect hotspots to buy our homemade
products, dryed herbs and organic veggies straight from the farm, have a
delicious lunch, drink a glass of organic wine, book group lunches or
dinners, pizza nights, cool concerts and much more. It’s open on the 1st
and 3rd Saturday of each month with guided farm tours, lunch, farm products
and activities for children.

To support the work of both entities there is a family of like-minded
people that live and work on the farm willing to learn, share, experience
and celebrate together. Lama Village is our home. Our way of life is
inspired by Permaculture, community living, and the global movement of
social transformation.

Quinta do Vale da Lama is a family farm that becomes home for many people,
either for a short or a long period of time. It arose from the vision and
willingness of the founders and turned into the manifestation of a
collective dream.

*We believe we are taking part in the co-creation of a new culture.*

  • [permaculture] Vale da Lama Farm, Lawrence London, 08/03/2016