permaculture - [permaculture] SOCIAL PERMACULTURE INTENSIVE with pandora thomas & starhawk SEPT. 28 – OCT. 2 2016

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] SOCIAL PERMACULTURE INTENSIVE with pandora thomas & starhawk SEPT. 28 – OCT. 2 2016
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 04:55:44 -0700

Starhawk talks about the Quailsprings SOCIAL PERMACULTURE INTENSIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3PM1WLo-g
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3PM1WLo-g>

SOCIAL PERMACULTURE INTENSIVE
with pandora thomas & starhawk
SEPT. 28 – OCT. 2, 2016
http://www.quailsprings.org/programs/permaculture/social-permaculture/
<http://www.quailsprings.org/programs/permaculture/social-permaculture/>
How can permaculture principles bring people together to co-create and
empower one another to transform patterns of unjust power into healing,
nurturing and inspirational collaborative experiences?
All groups deal with issues of power, conflict and the need to make
decisions. In this five-day intensive, using approaches inspired by
permaculture principles, we’ll explore how to structure our groups for
maximum group health, how to share power fairly, improve our communication
skills, mediate conflicts and facilitate group processes. And we’ll share
tools for decision making and constructive critique.
We’ll balance the process work with time outdoors in nature, including
hands-on work on the land, as well as walks, bird sits and wilderness
awareness. Insights from permaculture, magic, and indigenous wisdom will help
us learn to be more effective and joyful as we work together to regenerate
our world.
This course is for you if you belong to a group or organization seeking to
make change; a nonprofit or NGO that seeks to work collaboratively; a
spiritual circle, ritual group, or faith community; a community group,
Transition Town, collective, or worker-run cooperative; an intentional
community or household or hope to start one; a collaborative arts, theater,
or music group; a family or a community of friends that want to improve
communications and ways of handling conflict.
Topics we will explore
Design beneficial relationships
Value diversity and edge
Stack functions
Design the physical to support the social
Working with diversity—race, gender, class, sexual orientation, etc.

Instructors
Pandora Thomas
Pandora Thomas is a passionate global citizen who works as a teacher, writer,
designer and speaker. She studied at Columbia and Tufts University and with
several permaculture and greenbuilding design programs. Her writing includes
a children’s book, various curricula and a manual entitled “Shades of Green”
for individuals wanting to teach green building to youth. She has keynoted
and lectured on topics ranging from diversity, social justice, youth and
women’s leadership, social entrepreneurship and sustainability. She has
taught groups as diverse as Iraqi and Indonesian youth to men serving in San
Quentin creating inspiring and hands on programs around permaculture design,
sustainability, and outdoor and environmental education.
\
Starhawk
Starhawk is an author, activist, permaculture designer and teacher, and one
of the most respected voices in modern Goddess religion and earth-based
spirituality. She is the author or coauthor of thirteen books, including the
classics The Spiral Dance and The Fifth Sacred Thing.
Registration Information
Course Tuition: $825
Course fee includes: Instruction, catered meals and camping accommodations
Discounts:
Early Bird: $150 discount (Discount Code: SOCBIRD – Expires: August 1st)
Bring A Friend: $50 discount (each) for couples or friends attending the
course together (Discount Code: SOC4TWO)
Financial aid: Payment plans and limited partial scholarships (based on low
income / financial need & intention to use the training) available by
application. Inquire early to apply for financial aid by sending your
application request via email directly to permaculture@quailsprings.org
<mailto:permaculture@quailsprings.org>

  • [permaculture] SOCIAL PERMACULTURE INTENSIVE with pandora thomas & starhawk SEPT. 28 – OCT. 2 2016, Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, 08/03/2016