permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Magazine -Regenerating Life Together Spring 2016 Issue # 100 Water Extremes: Drought and Flood

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Magazine -Regenerating Life Together Spring 2016 Issue # 100 Water Extremes: Drought and Flood
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 18:24:16 -0400

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 12:12 PM, christopher nesbitt <
christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org> wrote:

> Christopher Nesbitt
> Maya Mountain Research Farm, San Pedro Columbia, Toledo
> PO 153 Punta Gorda Town, Toledo, BELIZE, Central America

Chris, Mr McDuck, Steve H., others:

Reworded from RR ad in 1987 Gourmet:
"....people are moving away from the mundane towards resources that
exemplify superior quality."
and "the rest of the population is now coming around to discover: superior
quality, skill and ultimate workmanship
are the name of the game"

How many Permaculture magazines are in publication currently?
Permaculture Activist
Permaculture Design
Permaculture (UK)

What about creating a new permaculture journal that is free, decentralized,
of, by and for the
global permaculture community. This can be set up as an online digital
publication, or e-zine,
that utilizes the many free resources available to us from social media,
Google, Ello and other services at our disposal.
Editor and proofreader-free, each contributor self-publishes using such
things as Google Docs or Drive, Google Sites,
with announcements and feedback in one or more Google Groups. Publishing
could be done in a Google Site and in an Ello page.
An entire issue could exist as a single or multiple Ello posts (they offer
beautiful graphics), each of which could be emailed to a Google Group or a
spare ibiblio list I own. In other words, there are many ways to get the
word out. A digital publication would allow authors to embed graphics,
video, .pdf docs
and even spreadsheets in the articles they submit. They would also be
encouraged to advertise their products and services in their articles and
at the journal site.
This should provide motivation to become a journal contributor.
People I have been in conversation with recently are spearheading an effort
to bring the best permaculture has to offer, waking them up to
the beauty of the discipline and enabling them to discern the difference
between the real world of permaculture and one promoted by poseurs solely
out for profit.
A new Permaculture digital magazine would serve their purposes in grand
style. I suggest it be named Permaculture Journal (to leave room for
someone else to start a Journal of Permaculture, perhaps a more formal,
academically-oriented work).

I would be interested in creating the Google, ibiblio and Ello sites and
contributing articles from time to time.
It should have Permaculture as conceived by Mollison and refined by many
others as its central focus but it should also serve a wider community of
people for whom permaculture plays an important role in their lives.

Is anyone else interested in moving this idea forward?

LL
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com