permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Magazine -Regenerating Life Together Spring 2016 Issue # 100 Water Extremes: Drought and Flood

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Wages <jwages@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Design Magazine -Regenerating Life Together Spring 2016 Issue # 100 Water Extremes: Drought and Flood
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:12:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Thanks, Wes, for posting that announcement.

Just to clarify: We are working on making all 99 back issues of Permaculture Activist/Permaculture Design available. However, this will not likely be free for the whole world, as that was never our intention. And, it has taken much longer and has been more expensive than we thought to digitize the older issues, many of which are available only in hard copy. We've only now finished scanning the first 43 hard copy-only issues and still have a lot of work to do to clean up those scans so they're as high a quality as possible and searchable. Next are 29 issues that were laid out in PageMaker, which has another set of problems. If any readers on this list would like to help us finish the effort, especially with the PageMaker files, let me know! We do have something budgeted for this effort.

We have introduced a downloadable pdf of each issue, which is free for all subscribers to the print edition. We will soon offer a digital-only subscription.

We have a completely new website that will be up soon. It will still have all the resources of the old website (thank you, Keith Johnson), and more, and it will be easier to use. By the way, if you have an event you'd like to list on our website the Calendar is free and easy to use.  You can add your own course, workshop, or other event.

We need more writers. If you have something to say, whether about an advanced permaculture topic or critique, or something of more general interest, please consider writing for us. And if you have suggestions, please let us know.

(If anyone else who contributed to the Kickstarter has not received their rewards, please let me know right away. All these were mailed last year except for the complete digitized set of back issues, which isn't ready yet, as noted above. You can e-mail me at publisher@permaculturedesignmagazine.com or even call me at 408-569-8607...no need to bother the whole world...not the purpose of this listserv.)

John Wages
Publisher, Permaculture Design
www.PermacultureDesignMagazine.com