permaculture - [permaculture] Home | IPCUK

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Home | IPCUK
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:40:16 -0400

https://ipcuk.events/
International Permaculture Convergence, London 2015

IPCUK will bring together leading experts and practitioners from around the
world.

We have everything we need to create a sustainable world and future.
Together we will create a vision of a near future society that is caring,
sustainable and fair, and explore how we can collectively design strategies
and pathways to make it happen.

*Conference* <http://ipcuk.events/conference>, 8-9 September 2015, The
Light, Euston Road, London.
Designing the World We Want - two days packed with presentations,
workshops, academic papers, exhibitions, music, and art.

*Convergence* <http://ipcuk.events/convergence>, 10-16 September 2015,
Gilwell Park, Essex.
Designing the network we want - for people from around the world using
permaculture in their everyday lives and communities.

*Edge events <http://ipcuk.events/edge>*, throughout the UK and Europe.
>From tours and courses, to talks and more.

*Book now for early bird tickets.
<http://www.permaculture.org.uk/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=601>*

* <http://www.permaculture.org.uk/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=601>*
https://ipcuk.events/about/permaculture
About Permaculture

Permaculture combines ethics, ecological principles and design strategies
to create healthy, productive and non-polluting sustainable systems and
settlements.

Permaculture is working with nature to make a better world for all.

By observing the natural world we can see that there are a set of
principles at work. Permaculture design uses these principles to develop
integrated systems to provide for our needs of food, water, shelter, energy
and community in ways that are healthy and efficient. Through permaculture
design we can improve the quality and productivity of our individual lives,
our society and our environment.

The word permaculture was coined in the 1970s by Australian ecologists, Dr.
Bill Mollison and David Holmgren, as a contraction of permanent
agriculture, with an implication of permanence in culture.

Permaculture:

• Takes nature as the best model of sustainable systems – a form of
'eco-mimicry'

• Is a practical and pragmatic approach which draws together tools and
methodologies from diverse disciplines, crafts and professions

• Is now a global multi-cultural network operating in over 120 countries

• Is 100% solutions focussed, attracts and empowers young people, and

• Is one of the fastest growing sustainability networks in the world.

Permaculture has an ethical basis:
*Earthcare* – enabling all life systems to continue and increase
*Peoplecare* – enabling access to the resources people need for a good
standard of living and quality of life
*Limits to population and consumption* – to share resources for Earthcare
and Peoplecare

  • [permaculture] Home | IPCUK, Lawrence London, 08/17/2015