permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics Production | Nick Savidov Greenhouse Canada Research.pdf - Google Drive

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Thomas Bibaritsch <thomasbibaritsch@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics Production | Nick Savidov Greenhouse Canada Research.pdf - Google Drive
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 08:37:28 +0200

Thank you Lawrence - this is a very valuable study, and very relevant results:
a) the UVI system developed by Rakocy DOES work under greenhouse conditions
as well
b) the yields of tomatoes and cucumbers have been HIGHER than in pure
hydroponics (!) - which is in my eyes most impressive, because in 2013 and
2014 I have been working in a hydoponic tomatoe greenhouse (1.5 ha), and the
yields there are enormous.
c) food safety issues (which have been voiced as major consumer concern in
surveys) have been tested and can be checked off - no common parthogens, less
overall contamination than field grown produce.

Cool!
Georg