permaculture - [permaculture] sustainable agriculture from antiquity

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] sustainable agriculture from antiquity
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 03:04:46 -0400

http://www.ibiblio.org/london/orgfarm/issues-and-news/issues/sustainable.ag.from.antiquity

>From sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.eduFri Dec 27 18:06:44 1996
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 08:21:34 -0800 (PST)
From: "Tom Hodges (moderated newsgroup)" <sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu>
To: Principles of Sustainable Agriculture <sustag-l@listproc.wsu.edu>
Subject: Does anyone know of sustainable ag from antiquity? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 05:40:40 -1000
From: Jay Hanson <jhanson@ilhawaii.net>
To: sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
Subject: Does anyone know of sustainable ag from antiquity?

Are there any well-documentated, instinces of sustainable
agriculture from antiquity?

If so, can someone give me a synopsis and references?

Jay

[Does anyone have the volume/date for the Agronomy Journal issue with
a symposium on this a few years back? I am out of my office until
Jan 3 so can't look it up now. It described the potato/maize/bean
rotation in the Andes mountains and compared soil quality in similar
areas that had been cropped for 1500 years versus not cropped. Also
any reports on slash-and-burn under low populations? TH]