permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: [compost_tea]
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 10:52:36 -0600

A little over the top Lawrence, you obviously have some passion about
compost and soil remediation but that is not a good excuse for such vitriol.
While I don't think your problem is drugs, I sometimes wonder if your swings
in emotion have to do with a lack of meds.

I have been in permaculture for 30 years and drank the Mollison Kool-Aid of
dismissing Biodynamics as being the ultimate agricultural woo-woo. But
having visited many biodynamic farms and gardens and seen the incredible
results in my own garden I had to own up to my lack of knowledge of
esoterica. Rudolph Steiner is in the class of Tesla, Viktor Schauberger,
Callahan, and Rupert Sheldrake all of whom were and are brilliant minds
exploring life beyond the laboratory and classroom. It took me a long time
to acknowledge that there is something beyond Euclidian thought but I
recovered finally.

If you have a point please state it in a way that it can be rationally
understood without the drama of words such as Fascist and other derogatory
statements. "Prove it" works both ways.

This is not to say that I do not appreciate the work of Elaine Ingam and her
bringing our attention to the incredible life in the soil, but her story,
like most, is just part of the story.

Scott

"To change something build a new model that makes the existing model
obsolete" Buckminster Fuller