permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Oklahoma City continues to persecute my poor urban garden area

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Waldrop <bob@bobwaldrop.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Oklahoma City continues to persecute my poor urban garden area
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 21:35:59 -0500

Oops, looks like the pictures didn't go through. So I added them to my blog at

http://www.bobwaldrop.net/?p=1803

rmw

On 5/22/2015 3:59 PM, Bob Waldrop wrote:
Oklahoma City Code Enforcement is claiming that I can't have anything taller than 18 inches between the sidewalk and the street. The guy cited "Section 59" of the Municipal Code, but refused to give a paragraph or subsection number. This is brand new. I have 16 years of experience with code enforcement and this is the first time anyone has made this claim.

So I am appealing the order and will have a hearing on June 2nd at 2 PM.

You would think people have better things to do than persecute me for growing ... welll. . . here's the list of plants growing in that section of my lawn. Also some pictures. Obviously I am a demented and evil person for doing this, lol.

The mayor's email is mayor@okc.gov if you want to let him know what you think about this kind of persecution.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City

Jerusalem artichokes
Comfrey
Blueberries
Blackberries
Oregano
Walking Onions
Nanking cherries
Prairie roses
Maximilien sunflowers
Liatris
Butterfly weed
Butterfly bush
Yarrow
Native sunflowers
Scarlett runner bean
Loofa vine
Morning glories
Cannas
Delphinium
Eupatoria
Lambs ears
Hollyhocks
Prickly pear
Hairy vetch
White Dutch clover
Ornamental grasses
Pole beans
Alfalfa
Daylilies
Buffalo currants
Crimson clover

Here are some pictures of the abundance Oklahoma City wants to destroy!

bobs urban garden 1okc urban 2okc urban 3okc urban 4

--
http://www.ipermie.net How to permaculture your urban lifestyle and adapt to
the realities of peak oil, economic irrationality, political criminality, and