permaculture - [permaculture] In Honor of Earth Day-Contribute $10-$20?/IPC Scholarship Crowdfunding Campaign Close to Goal!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] In Honor of Earth Day-Contribute $10-$20?/IPC Scholarship Crowdfunding Campaign Close to Goal!
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 19:55:35 -0700

Things are hotting up! We just hit 181 backers and now need a final £1400 (
$2000 US Dollars) to hit the target in the next 24 hours - not much over 100
people putting in £25. Can you help? RAISING Money for Scholarship FUND the
12th International Permaculture Conference /Convergence Sept 2015 London
www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships

Brilliant cause - to bring some of the most amazing permaculture
practitioners in the world to the UK this September for the 12th
International Convergence, so we can learn, share and plan together. Great
rewards too, and everyone that puts £10 or more into the pot could win a
place at the convergence..

in honor of Earth Day, anybody want to pitch in with $10 to $20 donations,
take this over the top? or more of course if you feel inspired? (more money
= more scholarships)

Hello global permaculture community! and our Santa Barbara home community...

IPC-UK organizers have started a Permaculture CROWDFUNDER campaign to help
get people from across the world to the 12th International Permaculture
Convergence (IPCUK) in the United Kingdom & London, hosted by the
Permaculture Association of Britain. (thank you Permaculture Association!)

Always exciting to see all the projects and work of Permaculture
practitioners from around the world. For past International Permaculture
Convergences (IPC's) a valiant effort was made by individuals and local
permaculture associations to help provide scholarships for those from cash
poor, but incredibly skill rich countries to attend. Now we want to amp up
the scholarship effort, make it even more inclusive with larger
representation than ever for this convergence and setting the model for
future convergences, so we ask your help.

Already there are over 60 great scholarship applications for IPC-UK and with
this crowdfunder organizers want to support as many nations as possible to be
present.

Please consider the value Permaculture has made to your life and be generous
with your gift, knowing these IPC's are truly the bedrock on which the
Permaculture movement we take for granted was built. With early
permaculturists meeting every two years to strategize on how to take
permaculture out to the world, when it was still a basically unknown word and
concept. Wow, when you think about it, without them, permaculture may have
remained an essentially localized Australian phenomenon, a big loss for the
rest of the world and us.

It is a heroic job for a local permaculture association to host one of these
IPC'c, it's like throwing a party for the world! So let's all join in and
help with the scholarship part, get a big and wide group of really smart
permaculture people together to network, build partnerships, share innovative
permaculture thinking and designs, other worlds are possible. We have a
future in front of us that needs ALL the creative minds of permaculture
global permaculture community, no one left out for lack of funds.

with gratitude for open hearts & pocket books,

Margie Bushman & Wes Roe
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, & members of
Friends of the International Permaculture Convergences Nonprofit

donate by April 17 deadline:
Donate with PayPal: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/ipcuk-scholarships
Donate with your Credit Card:
https://www.permaculture.org.uk/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=9

Learn more:

https://ipcuk.events/

By 21st Century Permaculture -

If you want to hear about plans for 12 International Permaculture
Conference/Convergence Sept 2015 with Andy Goldring of the Permaculture
Association (Britain) follow this link:
https://www.mixcloud.com/21stCenturyPermaculture/29thmarch2015/

History of IPCs

IPC1 Rowlands, New South Wales, Australia, 1984
IPC2 Breitenbush Hot Springs & Olympia in the NW of the USA, 1986
IPC3 Christchurch, New Zealand, 1988
IPC4 Nepal, 1991
IPC5 Copenhagen, Denmark and Gerlesborg, Sweden, 1993
IPC6 Perth, Australia, 1996
IPC7 Croatia organized in cooperation with Danish Association/European
Permaculture Institute, 2005
IPC8 Brasil, Permacultura America Latina, 2007
IPC9 Malawi, 2009
IPC10 Jordan, 2011
IPC11 Cuba, 2013

upcoming:
IPC12 United Kingdom, 2015
IPC13 India, 2017

  • [permaculture] In Honor of Earth Day-Contribute $10-$20?/IPC Scholarship Crowdfunding Campaign Close to Goal!, Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, 04/16/2015