permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [APC12 Discussion Group] Good morning all from a mild, sunny Sydney the...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Linda Shewan" <linda_shewan@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [APC12 Discussion Group] Good morning all from a mild, sunny Sydney the...
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:33:43 +1100

I recently watched this TED talk by Ricardo Semler
http://www.ted.com/talks/ricardo_semler_radical_wisdom_for_a_company_a_school_a_life.
While perhaps not directly relatable to social movements I believe there are
lessons for all structures in it. While I'm sure it does not mirror nature
entirely it is a radical move from the traditional company structure and
accepts the need for autonomy and self-determining nature of individuals,
which in turn allows them to operate at their full potential. They also,
critically in my view, allow intuition an active role in decision making.
That trust is returned exponentially.

And as a homeschooling family the school system he has created is almost
exactly the one I have dreamt of, totally inspiring...

Worth a watch ...

Linda Shewan