permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Grad Research opening in Perennial Polycultures at U of Illinois

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Grad Research opening in Perennial Polycultures at U of Illinois
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 23:34:05 -0500

This is fantastic! There should be a long list of applicants for this
position.

I would like to see someone tackle studies in cropping options for the
Black Earth Region in Ukraine.
There is a Black Earth Region in Russia but it is all in colder climatic
zones.
So, with Ukraine fully independent from Russia and becoming part of the EU
eventually possibilities exist for foreign investment in agricultural
ventures in that country.
...............the challenge is to come up with agricultural schemes that
interest Ukrainians that do not include monsanto and their friends, i.e.
keep methods that demand GMO's, all categories pesticides and chemical
fertilizers out of the country; instead rely exclusively on natural methods
and materials and permaculture.

Rafter, have you met Joel Gruver at the University of Illinois? I think he
is in crop science and is an amazing agronomist.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com
http://www.avantgeared.com