permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: [GWL] More Poisons in Our Food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: [GWL] More Poisons in Our Food
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:48:18 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hello, All!

The activist in me has been aroused by Dow Chemical/Monsanto's latest
attempt to further poison our food supply.

To be specific, Dow/Monsanto has created a stronger weed killer than
Roundup called Enlist DUO by adding 2, 4-D which was an ingredient in Agent
Orange and other deadly products. The FDA has approved it and now it's up
to the EPA before it gets the final OK. You can get the details in the
National Resources Defense Council's blog post at:
http://switchboard.nrdc.org/blogs/kpullen/24-d_or_not_24-d_that_is_epas.html

Although the primary growing fields may be thousands of miles from us, the
food supply isn't. And of course, there are local farms all around us which
might use this new product. Not to mention, it won't be long before this
product will find its way onto the shelves in our local garden centers and
home improvement stores where homeowners (some of whom think more is
better) will be using it.

We have an opportunity to impact this process by being part of a petition
initiated by Dr. Mehmet Oz during the open comment period. You can sign the
petition by going to http://wh.gov/ilIqc<about:blank>. A minimum of 100,00
signatures are required. If you get to the site and the number is over
100,00 sign it anyway: this is a case where more is really better.

I thank you from the bottom of my organic heart!!

Lorraine
Lorraine Ballato
Grow the best plants you can by converting your containers to self-waterers
easily and cheaply. Go to
http://www.successfulselfwateringcontainers.com/<
http://www.successfulselfwateringcontainers.com/> to get the full story.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: [GWL] More Poisons in Our Food, Lawrence London, 09/24/2014