permaculture - [permaculture] Hundreds Of Thousands Turn Out For People's Climate March In New York City

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Hundreds Of Thousands Turn Out For People's Climate March In New York City
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:40:53 -0400

Hundreds Of Thousands Turn Out For People's Climate March In New York City
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/21/peoples-climate-march_n_5857902.html

NEW YORK -- More than 400,000 people turned out for the People's Climate
March <http://peoplesclimate.org/>, http://peoplesclimate.org/, in New York
City on Sunday, just days before many of the world's leaders are expected
to debate environmental action at the United Nations climate summit
<http://www.un.org/climatechange/summit/>,
http://www.un.org/climatechange/summit/.

Early reports from event organizers are hailing the turnout as the largest
climate march in history
<https://twitter.com/Peoples_Climate/status/513762229213474816>, far bigger
than the Forward on Climate
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/17/forward-on-climate-rally_n_2702575.html>
rally held in Washington, D.C., last year. High-profile environmentalists
including Bill McKibben, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jane Goodall and Vandana Shiva
marched alongside policymakers such as Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.),
Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.). U.N. Secretary-General
Ban Ki-moon and former Vice President Al Gore were also there, and more
than 550 buses carried in people from around the country.

  • [permaculture] Hundreds Of Thousands Turn Out For People's Climate March In New York City, Lawrence London, 09/21/2014