permaculture - [permaculture] California’s Water Host Huell Howser series

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network <lakinroe@silcom.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] California’s Water Host Huell Howser series
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:23:56 -0700

http://www.calgold.com/water/

From the very earliest days, water has been a vital and important part of the
California story. Our state would not be the place it is today without its
forward thinking water managers, the state’s many watersheds, storage
facilities and its intricate aqueduct system.

Today, water continues to be a critical link to California’s future.

Yet few Californians have even a basic understanding of where our water comes
from or the issues surrounding it.

That’s where California’s Water comes in. This new series deals with all the
many aspects of water in our state - from reclaimed rivers to recycled water,
from aqueducts and pipelines to recreation and fishing on the Delta, from
agriculture to water friendly native plants.

Host Huell Howser learns firsthand about desalinization and groundwater,
visits floodplains and reservoirs and trudges through Sierra snow pack. Along
the way he meets many colorful water people who are committed to our state’s
rich water past and its future challenges.

Visit our sponsors at the Association of California Water Agencies
http://www.acwa.com.

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie@sbpermaculture.org
http://www.sbpermaculture.org

  • [permaculture] California’s Water Host Huell Howser series, Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, 09/20/2014