permaculture - Re: [permaculture] NYT morons at work: Don't Let Your Children Grow Up to Be Farmers - NYTimes.com

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] NYT morons at work: Don't Let Your Children Grow Up to Be Farmers - NYTimes.com
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:50:16 +0200

The Bigger Picture...and World View...to understand this whole dilemma and
the propaganda machine that has been slowly evolving since WWII and now
ramping up significantly obvious by this NYT post we must consider what
machine we are facing. we must also consider where, how and why we have
been locked up in conditioned boxes. As I have said on this listserve
before. Tax is voluntary. There is no law that says we have to pay tax.
There is no law that says we have to belong to any system. There is no law
that says we have to register any thing or have a licence for anything.
This is what we must now start learning in our Invisible Structures. New
Zealand is the basket case for this dilemma that is now being promoted by
NYT. In 1981 the Mont Pelerin Society took over NZ. In 1984, 67 state owned
assets were sold within 6 months to corporates others were corporatised and
sliced up and sold off. This machine is still running. The average age of
farmers in NZ is 66. Farm prices in NZ are so high most are now owned by
bank mortgages or corporates. The true meaning of the word mortgage, from
Blacks law dictionary...grip of death. The corporate design is not to have
younf people moving onto land or becoming traditionally farmers. No they
will become economists/ accountants to the corporates that will run these
farms, by slave labour forces huge machinery and chemical plants. So they
will control the entire worlds food chain. Simple isn't it ? The corporate
machine of TMPS is using NZ as its model, to evolve successful examples all
around the world. It has also moved this model into Australia. Which is a
totally different farming environment but with very similar subsequence and
consequence. The rate of suicide amongst Aust farmers is very very high,
alarmingly....due in large to their mortgage debts beyond their weather and
environmental challenges. So we need to look hard and long and learn more
about the bigger picture and consider designing models of escape, to become
resilient ecologically sustainable communities as great designers that we
apparently are...look, observe but do we see ? before we can extrapolate
and intervene then start to design and build ?...Steve Hart

--
Kia ora

[image: Picture]
*Steve Hart*