permaculture - [permaculture] Gaia: Sphere Of Life

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Gaia: Sphere Of Life
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 12:00:54 -0400

John Kellden <https://plus.google.com/u/0/101010252943098026073>Shared
publicly - 7:20 AM
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/101010252943098026073/posts/1z6HFZvTmVU>
#Buddha <https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/Buddha>

*Gaia: Sphere of Life*

The blue drop is all the water on Gaia, gathered into a sphere of life.

*"Humans within this planet now are the newest experience of the universe
in what, biologically, always seems to come down to cycles: of unity to
individuation, through which arises conflict, negotiations happen,
cooperation is arrived at; and we go to unity again at the next higher
level. And that’s why the story of evolution is so important today, to help
us understand where humanity is, and what is our next step."*
-- Elisabet Sahtouris

*"It is probable that the next Buddha will not take the form of an
individual. The next Buddha may take the form of a community, a community
practicing understanding and loving kindness, a community practicing
mindful living. This may be the most important thing we can do for the
survival of the earth."*
-- Thich Nhat Hanh

*Practical Wisdom*
1. Go to where the action is.
2. Talk to the people who have the problem and listen to what they say.
3. Learn everything you can about the problems specific context.
4. Think big and act big.
5. Think like a child.
6. See and do the obvious.
7. If somebody has already invented it, you don’t need to do so again.
8. Make sure your approach has positive measurable impacts that can be
brought to scale. Make sure it can reach at least a million people and
make their lives measurably better.
9. Design to specific cost and price targets.
10. Follow practical three-year plans.
11. Continue to learn from you customers.
12. Stay positive: don’t be distracted by what other people think.
-- Paul Polak
Out of Poverty: Paul Polak on Practical Problem Solving
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEGN-EJJho>

Image: http://goo.gl/53vxuw

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Gaia: Sphere Of Life, Lawrence London, 07/09/2014