permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Secret Life of Plants

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Secret Life of Plants
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:03:03 -0400

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Lawrence London
<lfljvenaura@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:15 AM, mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here's an online version of Secret Life of Plants that appears to have
>> the audio track. The copies that are on youtube are all silent
>> because of some copyright violation.
>>
>> http://networkawesome.com/2014-4-17/doc-the-secret-life-of-plants-1979<http://www.avantgeared.com>
>

> .. and the golden secret to getting that video to play at Network
> Loathsome is?

That odious website is like those online games you hear about where you
have to endlessly keep paying a few dollars
to get to a different level of the game where you can continue your winning
strategy only in this case it just wastes your
time endlessly as you try to get a video to play, uselessly clicking on one
link after another, making the insufferably obnoxious advertisement
replay. I could not find one singe button to click on to get the linked
video to play.

I guess it is 'advances' in civilization, 'cultural achievements', like
this that make it so obvious what some of the challenges to the
permaculture movement are.
It makes you wonder just how many millions of suckerhead visitors to their
'website' would, after sitting at their computers for a half hour or more,
watching the flashing popup ads and videos as they try to figure out how to
play the video they came for, would actually click on one of the ads and
give the website owners sponsor revenue,
their sole purpose in putting that monstrosity online in the first place.
How much could they make with a million visits per month and 10000 ad
clicks and not have to pay for bandwidth to stream the videos for visitors
who came to watch them. Network Loathsome is the place.
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com