permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Namecheap.com • Cheap Domain Name Registration & Web Hosting

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Namecheap.com • Cheap Domain Name Registration & Web Hosting
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:25:38 -0500

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Chris Carnevale
<c.s.carnevale@gmail.com>wrote:

> I recently learned of this hosting company, which is 100% renewable
> powered, offers rates on a sliding scale, and hosts group collaboration
> features like listservs: http://electricembers.coop/
>
> Chris Carnevale
> Charleston, South Carolina

Thanks a bunch for this great feedback, Chris! They get a big (green)
thumbs up from me!!
I found out about them from an article today in the Boing Boing blog where
it has been announced that
is doing a benefit for the Electric Frontier Foundation, a timely thing to
do in view of their work helping the pubic with net neutrality, hacking,
spying
and all the other obnoxious and deleterious things that con artists do to
make our online experience difficult and non-rewarding, and expensive!
Here's their website again:
MoveYourDomain Day 2014
Help keep the internet free and open for everyone!
https://www.namecheap.com/campaigns/2014/moveyourdomainday-feb-5.aspx

and the article:

http://boingboing.net/2014/02/05/move-your-domain-support-eff.html
Move your domain, support EFF
"The Electronic Frontier Frontier saved my bacon back in 2007 and they
might save yours in the future, this is a simple, easy way to support them
in addition to becoming a member. In 2011 and 2013 Namecheap raised $64K
and $44K for EFF with 'Move Your Domain
Day<https://www.namecheap.com/campaigns/2014/moveyourdomainday-feb-5.aspx>
.'"
For every your .com, .net, .org, .info and .biz domains transferred to
Namecheap or hosting plan purchased on February 5, Namecheap will donate
$0.50 to EFF. The donation amount goes up to $1.00 per domain/hosting plan
if they exceed 10,000. And if they exceed 20,000 domains transferred or
hosting plans purchased, Namecheap will donate $1.50 for each transaction.
Domain name transfer coupon code is NCMYDD and costs $3.98. Hosting plans
up to 75% off (Shared, Business or Reseller) with coupon code HOSTWITHNC.
MoveYourDomain Day
2014<https://www.namecheap.com/campaigns/2014/moveyourdomainday-feb-5.aspx>(*Thanks,
Spocko <http://spockosbrain.com>!*)

--