permaculture - [permaculture] Urban Roots works to improve local food system and ecosystem stewardship

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urban Roots works to improve local food system and ecosystem stewardship
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 08:32:51 -0800

Hello,

I'm working with Urban Roots Garden Classrooms to implement local food
system education and development programs. These programs are designed to
empower people to take action to strengthen the resilience of our
community, local food system, and bioregion. Some of the focus topics
include Water Harvesting, Erosion Control, Locally appropriate specialty
crops (focusing on perennials and natives), Ecosystem based resource
production, Holistic Management, Holistic Planned Grazing, Rangeland Health
Assessments, Appropriate technologies, and more.

If these or other local food system topics are of interest to you and your
organization, please let us know. We always welcome suggestions for topics
and teachers for future workshops.

In the spirit of building community through cooperation and collaboration,
if you or someone you know would like to teach a workshop with us, please
contact us.

Below is a description of our upcoming workshop this weekend with Craig
Sponholtz of Dryland Solutions, Inc. Please pass it on to your members or
anyone you think would be interested.

You can see descriptions of other upcoming classes at Urban Roots
Website<http://www.urgc.org/#%21permaculture/c4fw>
.

Please let us know if you have suggestions for ways we can improve our
efforts to engage with the public and with people and organizations
dedicated to improving our role as ecosystem stewards of bio-regions.

Thank you very much for the great work you do in our bio-region,
Neil Bertrando
RT Permaculture and Loping Coyote Farms
neilbertrando@gmail.com
775-830-8822
www.rtpermaculture.com
www.urgc.org Contact: Jeff Bryant, Director jeff@urgc.org

*Water Harvesting & Erosion Control: Home, Farm & Ranch*
* February 8 - 9, 2014*

Instructor: Craig Sponholtz