permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Musings III

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ChildrensPeaceGuild <childrenspeaceguild@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Musings III
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:29:17 -0800 (PST)

"a Portuguese student named Helder Valente has started a web site called New
School Permaculture. Helder insisted that their was a new wave of
permaculturalists who were changing the rules and one of those rule changes
regarded the PDC."

Helder teaching a 7-day course is ridiculous...as he's over-booking students
for three days!
I am tempted to let Valente know that there is a NEW, new wave of
permaculturists and we are offering a 4-day course.

On a serious note: While one might have natural reservations about standards,
certification, and centralization (myself included) I think Scott's
experience is a fine example of why they are important. I am already
committed to teach elsewhere during the North American Permaculture
Convergence in MN otherwise I would be there advocating for all the
certifying bodies, teaching organizations, and instructors to work toward
establishing a set of unified standards and practices in order to guard
against the drive-thru certificates offered by Helder, Vlad, et al.

 -Roman
Children's Permaculture Guild

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:44 AM, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>