permaculture - Re: [permaculture] germination requirements CORRECTION

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: georg parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] germination requirements CORRECTION
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 20:31:35 +0100

YES!! I love this list!

Thanks a lot, Harald, and everyone elso WHO chipped in. Some of the
other publications are interesting as well...

a happy
Georg

Am 27.11.2013 um 11:36 schrieb harald sällström:

'Seed Germination, Theory and Practice' by Norm Deno, perhaps?

there are links to where you can download the books on this page:
http://www.jlhudsonseeds.com/Germination.htm

/harald

Hello!

I once owned a book (actually more like a university scriptum), from a
retired professor, I think it was from an university somewhere in
Texas, but not sure on that, who did extensive studies on the
germination requirements of hundreds and hundreds of plants. Wild
plants mostly, for it is them who still have their weird germination
patterns - like "3 weeks cold followed by 6 weeks warm followed by
another 3 weeks cold will result in 40% germination at 21?C" etc.
Usually such patterns will result in several years in the ground
before germination, but thanks to refrigerators and the knowledge of
the patterns we can get even plants with complicated patterns to
sprout after 1 winter. And if I remember correctly, the name of the
man was "Leno", but not sure on that one either.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I am grateful for all hints leading
towards me attaining a copy of this treasure - preferrably online.

Georg