permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Just wanted to share this info, research I have been doing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Just wanted to share this info, research I have been doing
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 16:06:53 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <lotusfuugle@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM
To: permaculturelist+owners@googlegroups.com

Educational Videos
By Ernest Rando on Friday, November 22, 2013 at 10:13am
observations (recent research and data)=

Ecological Footprint Calculator - Know your footprint before you talk about
sustainability
http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/gfn/page/calculators/

International Panel on Climate Change 5th assessment report
Mr. Rajendra Kumar PachauriChair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate
Change

http://unfccc4.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/cop19/templ/play.php?id_kongresssession=6911&theme=unfccc#

J. David Hughes - PCI - Energy Sustainability Dilemma - Cornell 5-2-12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4aaOPWvw3I&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=116

Paul Wheaton - Building a Better World One Permaculture Brick at a Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aaxGXzDc80&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=120

Freedom, Equality and a Future Political Economy: the structural change we
need
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1MthzjqeWE&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=118

A nice Ethical Observation
http://unfccc4.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/cop19/templ/play.php?id_kongresssession=6914&theme=unfccc

ADP workshop on pre-2020 ambition: urbanization and the role of governments
in facilitating climate action in cities Warsaw, PolandThursday, 14
November 2013
http://unfccc4.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/cop19/templ/play.php?id_kongresssession=6921&theme=unfccc

CEE Bankwatch Network: Undermining Our Climate: Commercial Banks and the
Coal Sector
Warsaw, Poland15 November 2013
The actual report
http://bankwatch.org/publications/banking-coal-undermining-our-climate
The webcast presentation
http://unfccc4.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/cop19/templ/play.php?id_kongresssession=6924&theme=unfccc

Very Difficult video to enjoy, its a phone from the audience i think, but
is subtley amazing observation on the discussion of changing political
boundaries to geographic ones. If you find a better one let me know.
Toward a Bioregional State and Ecological Revolution: green constitutional
engineering for the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhVRunuAi24&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=126

Manifesto for Economic Democracy and Ecological Sanity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSB8yxgCmU0&feature=youtu.be

Understanding (people are already moving beyond capitalism) =

The Shape of the Emerging New Economy by Gar Alperovitz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KXqDWIXVNc&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=125

Ecological transformation using current and appropriate technology
Permaculture Greening the Desert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1rKDXuZ8C0&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=127

A Cure for Capitalism Richard Wolff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guSdjsctrUQ&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=128

Community Wealth Building: Creating the new economy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TntC29EPSLQ&list=PL5BD5861504A0DC87&index=124

Occupy Student Debt Campaign
http://www.occupystudentdebtcampaign.org/

The Case for Permaculture (yes I am a bit biased to this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSB8yxgCmU0&feature=youtu.be

Good example of Americans taking action into their own hands and moving
ahead of or beyond government and not waiting on them to make decisions for
us. Warsaw Climate Change Conference - November 2013 Press BriefingWarsaw,
Poland 15 November 2013

University of California:What must the 2015 Treaty Do? Perspectives from
Youth Climate Justice Activists and IICAT, also Water, Waste, Pests, and
Diseases cited in video above as basic human food security issues, start at
20 minutes, or watch the whole thing, totally worth it.
http://unfccc4.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/cop19/templ/play.php?id_kongresssession=6932&theme=unfccc

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Just wanted to share this info, research I have been doing, Lawrence London, 11/22/2013