permaculture - [permaculture] BBC News - IPCC climate report: humans 'dominant cause' of warming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] BBC News - IPCC climate report: humans 'dominant cause' of warming
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:14:31 -0400

BBC News - IPCC climate report: humans 'dominant cause' of warming

Climate change "threatens our planet, our only home", warns Thomas Stocker,
IPCC co-chair
Continue reading the main
story<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24292615#story_continues_1>
Related
Stories

- Key findings: The report
unpicked<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24282150>
- Viewpoints: Reactions to the
report<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24296204>
- Q&A: Climate
change<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24021772>

A landmark report says scientists are 95% certain that humans are the
"dominant cause" of global warming since the 1950s.

The report <http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/#.UkU7GYZeY6k> by the UN's
climate panel details the physical evidence behind climate change.

On the ground, in the air, in the oceans, global warming is "unequivocal",
it explained.

It adds that a pause in warming over the past 15 years is too short to
reflect long-term trends.

The panel warns that continued emissions of greenhouse gases will cause
further warming and changes in all aspects of the climate system.

To contain these changes will require "substantial and sustained reductions
of greenhouse gas emissions".

  • [permaculture] BBC News - IPCC climate report: humans 'dominant cause' of warming, Lawrence London, 09/27/2013