permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Rocket Stove - a resource that may be all you need. I am building one of these.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ray Cirino <cobanation@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Rocket Stove - a resource that may be all you need. I am building one of these.
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

Rocket stoves changed my life when Ianto Evans showed me them back in 2002.
I've had great success using the concept and evolving it into many things
including ovens and hot tubs and soon a distiller and sweat lodge rock heater
to bring back lodges in areas they were banded because of fire. My ovens have
no sparks that could cause forest fires even during winds up to fifty MPH
blowing right into the intake. There's still much to be accomplished with
this technology and living in a rocket junkyard area doesn't hurt. Always
remember though fire should be the second choice to the sun.

The Great Challenges we now face as a species present the very opportunities
that are giving birth to Ecological, Psychological, and Spiritual
Sustainability.