permaculture - [permaculture] help wanted - Content Manager

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marjory Wildcraft <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] help wanted - Content Manager
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:39:30 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to hire a Content Manager. I wonder if you know of someone who might be good for the job? I know I am asking a lot - I want someone who is really exceptional, an A+ player, and someone who would thrive on deeply meaningful work. Someone who is already happily employed. And at this time, I can only afford someone about half time. Hopefully that will change pretty quickly.... I want it to become full time as soon as revenues make it possible. People who work for me tend to stay forever, and I love that. It is a pretty dynamic job and there will be lots of professional development. What that really means is things change all the time and if you like to learn and figure things out, then you'll find this job rewarding.
I've written a job description below. If you know someone who would be a good candidate, tell them to send me their resume to media@marjorywildcraft.com <mailto:media@marjorywildcraft.com> and make sure the subject line says "Content Manager Application PermList Referral". I'll be collecting and reviewing resumes over the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

Marjory Wildcraft

Contract Position: Content Manager

Hours: self-directed, part-time, 80 hours per month

Department: Engagement Division

Compensation Range: $15 - $25/hr.

Job Description: The Content Manager is responsible for the management and organization of the online presence and customer interaction automation sequences. The Content Manager receives articles, videos, podcasts and other media from the content contributors. The main objective of the Content Manager is to increase the sites rankings (SEO), and to help increase overall sales for the organization.

- Uploading and posting content on the organizations blog, YouTube channel, podcasting, and article distribution networks.

- Proof reading and maintaining content quality and style standards.

- Managing the editorial calendar and coordinating with content contributors.

- Uploading and maintaining website(s) advertising and banners.

- Load up and manage email drops; both broadcast and follow-up sequences.

- Backup content, site, and system files

- Occasional research to support content creation.

- Participate in company marketing brainstorming sessions

Skills and Attributes Needed: 4-years experience in operating blogging and/or Internet marketing businesses. A natural born spell-checker and grammar nitpicker.

Proficient in WordPress, HTML, Microsoft Office, and Email autoresponders. Infusionsoft and/or video editing experience a plus. Excellent Organization and Time-Management Skills, Excellent Communication Skills, Dominant and Creative Approach to Problem Solving, Able to Balance Multiple Projects, Detail Oriented With Dependable Follow Through, Positive Outlook, Desire to Learn and Grow and Take on Increasing Responsibilities

Career Path: As the organization grows, the position will expand to full-time, and then to managing a team. Other possible paths include sales & marketing, customer service, or operations.

Values of Position: The Content Manager position must match exactly our Company’s stated values.

Supervisor: Engagement Division Manager

  • [permaculture] help wanted - Content Manager, Marjory Wildcraft, 08/29/2013