permaculture - [permaculture] (FWD) Upcoming Permaculture Design Certificate Courses at Aprovecho

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] (FWD) Upcoming Permaculture Design Certificate Courses at Aprovecho
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 17:57:51 -0400

(FWD) Upcoming Permaculture Design Certificate Courses at Aprovecho

Aprovecho is excited to share its 2013 Permaculture Design Certificate
Courses<http://aprovecho.net/programs/sustainable-living-skills-immersion-pdc/>.
This year, we will host two 6-week residential sessions, one in summer and
one in fall. The summer course this year will focus on perennial system
establishment, including construction of a greywater system and large-scale
hugelkulture beds, while our fall program will focus on the intersection of
local foods and nutrition with well-designed Permaculture systems.
Aprovecho's
PDC<http://aprovecho.net/programs/sustainable-living-skills-immersion-pdc/>is
unique in that it offers the standard 72 hour PDC curriculum
interwoven
with 80 hours of hands-on learning. Aprovecho is proud to provide its
students with practical experience in applied Permaculture skills,
including surveying, earthworks construction, forest garden and perennial
planting, water catchment systems, as well as observational and design
drafting skills. Our 40 acre campus is in the process of developing a
Permaculture Master Plan, and our PDC students are an integral part of
helping with this process as we continue to grow. All of the student design
projects take place in areas that we are planning to develop, and we take
your input seriously and look forward to helping you develop skills in
design and implementation that you can take out into the world to help make
it a thriving and abundant place to live.
Please feel free to contact us <aprovecho.mail at gmail.com