permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Help with planning a farmers market lab?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Alia Tsang <alia@dietrick.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: ramoyer@gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Help with planning a farmers market lab?
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:50:45 -0700

I have a friend that teaches a course that includes trips to the farmer's
market. One thing that surprised her was the amount of students who had
never seen a persimmon before (I think she said one thought they were bad
tomatoes). An interesting question to include could be along the lines of
"Are there any fruits/vegetables you've never seen before?" And maybe an
encouragement to try said alien produce. Also, to add to the price
comparison question, where (what country/how far away) is the supermarket
produce from?

Alia