permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Cuba

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Cuba
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:57:18 -0700 (PDT)

Cuba is one of our best post-collapse examples.

Did you know that permaculture was instrumental in Cuba surviving their
"special period"  and developing their urban farming methods?

It was primarily a crew of permaculturists from Melbourne, Australia working
for PGAN. A NGO. I was visiting Melbourne in that time period and they told
me all about it.

It is great that the 2013 International Permaculture Convergence is being
held in Cuba.

Here is a url about it and how US people can attend.

http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/11th-international-permaculture-convergence-and-research-tour

I hope someone posts a good review on this list serve after it happens.

Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds