permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Event Listing : Food Forest Workshops

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Event Listing : Food Forest Workshops
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 18:46:02 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <nickpoeta@live.ca>
Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Subject: Event Listing : Food Forest Workshops
To: permaculturelist

I'm writing in representation of Permaculture BC to spread the word about
an upcoming and very exciting workshop around the topic of Food and
Medicine Forests. I would like for the event to be posted on the
Permaculture Mailing List. I think this fits in very well with your
demographic and trust it would add value to your network.

Please let me know if/how this can happen. I'll attach the information in
the email for your ease but let me know if you have any questions or need
anything from me.

Thank you kindly!

Nick Poeta
Permaculture BC
Growing Young Farmers Society

Victoria, BC Food Forest Training Workshop with Richard Walker. May 18-19,
2013
Hey Folks, Join Canada's own master of food forests in Victoria this May!
Learn to use this technique in small spaces or...Learn how to change the
agricultural landscape and create food security for generations to come by
mimicking forest systems using edible and medicinal species. The earlier
you register, the less expensive the course. Sign up today and learn more
details here.
http://www.permaculturebc.com/Richard-Walker-Food-Forestry-Spring-Victoria-2013
external image forgard2-003.gif
external image forgard2-003.gif

Note: If you can't attend the weekend workshop, you might be interested in
these shorter talks by Richard and his wife.
Evening Talk #1: An Evening with Richard Walker Friday, May 17th 6:30
The day before the Food Forest Weekend event, Richard will be doing a talk
to build support for Victoria's own food forest - Spring Ridge Commons.
We'd love to have you there to share in the fun! $10 advance tickets.
Details and registration here:
http://permaculturebc.com/Richard-Walker-Food-Forestry-Talk-May-2013

Evening Talk #2: Prescribing from the food forest - May 18th - 7pm
This BC physician shares her experience both through anecdote and the
latest science on the healing value of locally grown, nutrient rich food.
Having lived and worked half of her life in Sub- Saharan Africa she
compares the malnutrition issues in so -called developing countries to the
very real malnutrition epidemic of metabolic syndrome, heart disease,
stroke and cancer that we in Canada are challenged by. She demystifies the
theories around the causes of these illnesses and gives good evidence to
the fact that, at its core, the roots of this is nutritional deficiency is
conventional food. As a psychotherapist she underscores the empowerment
that food autonomy gives to individuals, communities and societies.
Details and Registration here:**
http://www.permaculturebc.com/-Food-Forest-Prescriptions

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Event Listing : Food Forest Workshops, Lawrence London, 04/29/2013