permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ho' lotta hype...Top Secret Water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ho' lotta hype...Top Secret Water
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:13:09 -0400

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Steve Hart
<stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>wrote:

> Here's a little expansion on the debate
>
> Do a you tube search and key in "Top Secret Water|
>
> this will begin one level of understanding. One subject i have researched
> is sewage which has taken me to many corners including visiting with and
> inspecting the work of Marioara Godeanu of Romania., 4 times...further
> dimensions were understood. I have also been very fortunate to grow up in
> New Zealand with a strong connection to the indigenous people the Maori who
> recognise water as a cornerstone to their culture and suggest there is at
> least 57 different forms of water. They say it has memory, and spirit much
> like what Victor Schauberger taught us. Soil likewise has as many
> dimensions if not more then if we combine the astral and etheric and figure
> out what Steiner taught us we begin to get a picture of how we best manage
> both for our benefit. Glen Atkinson taught us that ( www.bdmax.co.nz)...it
>

> gets deep er and deeper but its not really top secret ...its working with
> nature not against it...but one of our principles
> Steve Hart

That is the principle to follow. If this is what biodynamics is about I
would be far more interested than before.
I think permaculture and biodynamics are both involved with working with
nature, not against it. Realms of inflexible, rigid, dictatorial doctrine
are in the way of getting real work done, on the ground and in generating
interest in an ever-increasing following of thinkers and practitioners.
If less and less people use herbicide and get to work on their urban or
rural homesteads using traditional methods and hand tools, real progress
will be accomplished.
Hydroponics may not always be the most Earth friendly way to grow food but
it is rarely Earth-unfriendly.

A friend who received his degree in zoology and worked for the NIEHS, (US)
National Institute Of Environmental Health Sciences doing toxicology
studies,
i.e. the effects of industrial chemicals on living creatures, said in
answer to my question about bee CCD:
1) with widespread broadacre monocrop farming you also have mono-food
sources for bees, less diversity of food from wild sources, ones they are
used to and in some cases require for good health, i.e. loss of sources of
pollen important for their health and survival from elimination of habitat
for and populations of plants providing them
2) mites may play a major role in CCD but they would play a far lesser one
or none if the bees had not already been exposed to a wide number of
various categories of pesticides from 1) application on crops and 2) plant
generated toxins from GMO crops