permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: full movies: how cuba survived peak oil; thrive

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: full movies: how cuba survived peak oil; thrive
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:53:45 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: full movies: how cuba survived peak oil; thrive
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:41:44 -0400
From: paul wheaton daily <gir@richsoil.com>

This just came onto my radar. Two full length movies worth watching. So I've embedded them at permies.

1) How Cuba Survived Peak oil. When the iron curtain fell, Cuba's oil imports were cut by about 95%. Suddenly they could not do agriculture the way they did before. So they ended up going down permaculture road.

http://www.permies.com/t/23312

2) Over a year ago, Jocelyn and I recorded a podcast review of the movie "Thrive". Back then you had to pay five bucks to watch the movie. Now it's free!

http://www.permies.com/forums/posts/list/12374#188382

  • [permaculture] Fwd: full movies: how cuba survived peak oil; thrive, venaurafarm, 04/02/2013