permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?"
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:37:54 -0000

To continue this thread, I wanted to mention the Tesla Turbine which I
had forgotten about when I posted below.

Years ago I had email conversations with Marcin Jacubowski of Open
Source Ecology about fabricating prototype components for a steam driven
Tesla Turbine to run machines and generate power. Things never got
beyond conversation but now I have renewed interest. Generating the
steam safely is as big an issue as building a working Tesla Turbine.
If anyone has ideas please post them.

< I have been thinking about Tesla turbines for a long time but have never started to do something about it in any practical way. Making steam is not difficult really but steam technology is as polluting and inefficient as can be. Probably more so than a diesel engine.
What we could really do with is a super efficient small wind or water turbine.
john

  • Re: [permaculture] Ethical energy use - what is your favorite "better than PV panels?", John D'hondt, 02/01/2013