permaculture - [permaculture] Be the Change and McCloud Community fundraising

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: [permaculture] Be the Change and McCloud Community fundraising
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:51:32 -0800

Hi Everyone,

One of the Permaculture education and demonstration homesteading projects
going on in our local area (Reno, NV) has the opportunity to expand it's
impact greatly. They are looking for support for funding purchase of a
site as part of a neighborhood development of urban Permaculture.

The window of opportunity is short, so please share this info with anyone
you feel might be interested.

Thank you,
Neil Bertrando

their message is below

Hello, friends. I write to you today to again ask for your support in
growing the Be the Change Project's vision.

We've been doing well since acquiring the house 16 months ago (for an
updated list of some of our work, go
here<http://www.indiegogo.com/The-Be-The-Change-Project?a=156371>).
>From gardens to workshops, tours to field trips, murals to service, with
bumps along the way, the Be the Change Project is helping to model what's
possible in a new paradigm of community in the urban setting. And, the
community is growing!

Last month our good friend Scott Lambert bought the house two doors down
from us to share in the vision. Now, our friend Weston Bone wants to buy
the house next to Scott's for the same reason! We are ecstatic, to say the
least.

*On November 30th, "Weston's house" will go up for auction*. We have no
idea what the house might go for but do know that it is in need of great
repair (more than ours, even!) which will make it much less desirable for
most folks. We do know we need to have cash on hand to buy it at the
courthouse steps and then to fix it up. Weston has some money available
but more is needed to be sure we can make the purchase and then begin the
repairs.

You all dug deep to get us started with the Be the Change Project and for
that we are eternally grateful. If you can, help us grow this vision so
it's impact is exponentially greater.

I keep saying to folks, "Look what's happened in only 16 months! Can you
imagine the next 16 years!" With three properties with shared values
working together, what we create could be magical.

Thanks for reading and lots of love to you all.

Visit our *fundraising
site*<http://www.wethetrees.com/projects/53-mccloud-9-urban-permaculture-village>
for
more info.
See the attached handwritten flier for more about our shared vision and a
map of the properties.
Go here
<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2085+mccloud+reno&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&ei=Gc2qUMrQMuSdiQK7_YHQCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA>for
a Google map

Lastly, please share with your networks.

*DONATION INFORMATION:* three options

- We the Trees Fundraising
Site<http://www.wethetrees.com/projects/53-mccloud-9-urban-permaculture-village>
- To make a donation directly to us for Weston's house, make checks
payable to Be the Change Project, 2055 McCloud, Reno, NV 89512
- To make a *tax-deductible donation,* make checks payable to the
Rainshadow Foundation and send them to 2055 McCloud, Reno, NV 89512.

NOTE: If we do not get the house, all money will be returned to donors

  • [permaculture] Be the Change and McCloud Community fundraising, Neil Bertrando, 11/21/2012