permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Technology for a new civilization

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Technology for a new civilization
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:56:53 -0500

On 11/5/2012 5:51 PM, dwoodard@becon.org wrote:
This guy sounds a little warped but very useful (which brings back
memories):

http://www.businessweek.com/printer/articles/79854-the-post-apocalypse-survival-machine-nerd-farm

I'd say a lot of high technology is stuff we need to learn to do
without (or more exactly learn not to need), but his approach is
interesting.

That may be a popular conclusion but in reality we haven't even begun to
use all the low technology that is available to us or could become available to us or is yet to be discovered or invented. I always thought that an important aspect of this list would be to locate, identify, describe, document, record and preserve all the low technology used by all cultures on Earth. BEFORE THEY ALL DISAPPEAR THANKS TO THE DESPICABLE MONSANTO & COLLABORATORS & POLITICAL
ALLIES & ECONOMIC EXPLOITERS LIKE THEM, the USA included, fast becoming a third world country!

There is some urgency.

Daniel, Felicia Wright, John, Dieter, Larry, Scott and many others know about the need for this. I had some silly notion that the online permaculture plant & animal guilds database we tried to crank up would go global and reach into every pore in every traditional culture on Earth. This is why the meaning, substance, purpose and mission of permaculture needs to be standardized and documented. Only an informal heirarchy is needed to accomplish this, a working group who will brainstorm the definition of permaculture and engrave it in stone.
Scott: Will this be attempted in any form at the IPC 13 in Cuba,
along with other pressing matters of business?

LL