permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fukuoka_farming mailing list needs aco-moderator.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: robyn@permaculture.com.au
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fukuoka_farming mailing list needs aco-moderator.
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 10:24:31 -0400

Theres aNatural Farming system that is gaining popularity in parts of Asia, had a few folk doing PDCs in Taiwan the past few years into one of these new NF systems. they dont "believe" in use of compost, mulch, worms, animal manures, legumes or crop rotation, you plant the same plant in the same place year after year and the plant is supposed to magically create the perfect conditions for itself. Followers are quite dogmatic that organic practices using the above are anti nature.
I always now specify Fukuoka systems and no longer use the term Natural Farming as i dont want Fukuoka or permaculture for that matter, confused with such a limited and flawed approach.
Robyn
Quoting Rob Crook <crookkohler@bellsouth.net>:

Dieter,

Very well said.